When you want to advise others (or remind yourself) of the purpose or appropriateness of a specific clause, you can attach a SmartNote to the document. (For geeks, the SmartNote is actually saved in the document properties "Comments". We call it SmartNotes to distinguish it from in-document Comments that Microsoft has given the identical name.)
To create a SmartNote,
1. In the left panel of the Clause Selection Screen, select the document to which you wish to add the SmartNote.
2. Click the More button at the bottom left corner of the Clause Selection Screen.
3. Click the 'Add SmartNote' button and provide the text for the SmartNote.
To display a SmartNote,
1. In the left panel of the Clause Selection Screen, select the document whose SmartNote you want to view. (If a SmartNote has been attached to a document, an asterisk will appear to the right of the document's name.)
2. Click the SmartNote button which will be visible in the center column.
When a SmartNote is attached to a document or clause, an asterisk will appear to the right of the clauses name. That's how you know a SmartNote is available for viewing.